How to make an API in Fluidinfo
It’s very simple really:
1. Register a domain/user on Fluidinfo
Start here. If you’re registering a domain name then we will require proof of ownership (the instructions explaining how to do this are very simple).
2. Create your namespaces and tags
Be careful, you’re choosing how your data will be structured in Fluidinfo. Some tips we’ve found useful:
- Flat is good.
- Use namespaces to differentiate between the different sorts of things you’ll be tagging (e.g. between books and authors).
- Copy conventions (how do others organise their data?).
- KISS! Keep it simple (stupid!).
3. Import your data into Fluidinfo
4. Announce your new API
Programmers will interact with your data via the general Fluidinfo API, which is simple and well documented. All you need to do is tell the world that your data is available, and what namespaces and tags you’re using to store it in Fluidinfo.
Please feel free to get in touch at any time if you have any questions or would like to explore the possibility of Fluidinfo Inc. helping you to add your data to Fluidinfo.